November 01, 2018
CSA Week 28
Hello and Happy Friday! This week in CSA everyone will receive kn-bravo radishes, or more commonly called purple daikons. These radishes benefit digestion by signaling amylase production, an enzyme that helps metabolize carbohydrates in the body. Also used as a diuretic, daikon helps eliminate metabolic waste, reducing facial puffiness. This combined with a few other common ingredients can make a delicious drink that is not only good for your inside but rejuvenates while it detoxifies.
BETTER-THAN-BOTOX SUPERFOOD TONIC
- 1 hearty bunch watercress with roots removed (keep roots attached to stems until use)
- ¼ cup goji berries
- 2 sweet Meyer lemons
- 3-5 sprigs savory + 1 or 2 for garnish
- 1 purple bravo daikon radish + a few pieces for garnish
- 1 tsp matcha
- dash of fine pink salt
- 2 oz kombucha
In a juicer, juice radish, goji berries, lemons, watercress and savory. Set aside.
*Juicing goji berries is optional. Feel free to disperse whole fruit among the tonics to enjoy a little texture to your drinks.
Whisk in pink salt and matcha until stirred well. You can also place juice plus salt and matcha into a shaker to combine well.
Pour juice tonic into glasses and top with kombucha.
Garnish with a daikon twist and pinch of savory.
Daikon Radish Chips
- 1 Daikon radish, sliced thinly (a mandolin will yield the best results)
- Olive oil spray
- Coarse sea salt, fresh ground pepper, garlic powder, to taste
1. Preheat broiler. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil and lay the radish slices down. Spray the tops with olive oil. Broil for 5-8 minutes until just beginning to brown. Flip and broil second side 5-8 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.