December 21, 2018
Winter CSA Week 4
Hello and Happy Winter Solstice! This is our final CSA share for the year. We wish everyone a very happy holidays and we look forward to seeing you next year!
Mashed Carrots and Turnips
- 2 pounds Carrot, Peeled and sliced, about 4 1/2 cups
- 1 pound Turnips, peeled and cubed, about 3 cups
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Ground Black Pepper, To taste
- Place the carrots and turnips in a large stockpot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and boil for 40-45 minutes or until very tender. Drain the vegetables.
- Add the brown sugar, butter, salt and pepper and mash the vegetables with a potato masher, and then whip with an electric mixer until they’re nice and fluffy.
- Serve with parsley for a garnish if desired